Friday, December 30, 2005

So exhausted.. must feed game addiction more...-Dragon Quest 8 review pt 2


It's quarter till 4 here and it feels as if it were later. I was up till 4am playing, and woke up a few hours ago. I am simply exhausted from the traveling and the Christmas goodies it's not even funny. Must.. get.. coffee.

Well, so much for playing an old favorite for now. I am determined to keep playing Dragon Quest 8 until I beat it. It is very old school playstyle, but wow. I love it. It makes me feel like I am a kid playing Dragon Warrior again.


My favorite monster so far has to be this one called the pupeteer. I will have to try and find a screenie of it if I can later.

This game is great though.
I have gotten all of the characters for my party now. My favorite character has to be Jessica though. When she is equipped with a whip, she can hit lines of enemies in one attack. I have been banking a lot of her points in that skill. Eventually I may put some in the staff skillset though.

Oh, each character has 5 skillsets where they can put points into in order to gain additional abilities. As you level up, you aquire points in which you can put into special skillsets. There are 5 skillsets lines per character. Every character has the fisticuffs skill choice, as well as some sort of humanities skillset. The humanities type of skillset differs from each character- for example the main character (the hero or whatever you chose to name him) has the courage skillset for his humanities skill line; where he can use magic to assist the party. However, Jessica's humanity skill line is called sex appeal; where she can use her feminine charms against her enemies. Each of these is different- but fitting to the storyline and character style of each individual toon.
I am experimenting with the different skillsets to see which areas I like the best. I like the diversity of choices available.

I am also playing with the alchemy skill. You get to use a pot to combine items to make rare items. I just finished making myself a few new weapons for my party.

The weapons and shields will change the appearance of the characters on the screen. I was a bit disappointed that most of the armor did not.

Well, I am off to get some coffee and play some more. I will post more for this review later on most likely.

1 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I really agree, Jessica is so my favourite! I love that sex appeal thing! =D But the hero can use boomerang, and that's MUCH better than Jessicas whip... =( sadly!

Greetings from another nerd;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home