Monday, November 14, 2005

Urbz



Well, Anj rented me the Urbz last night. I pulled myself off of Katamari to give it a look see. I played it for a little while, but haven't got the complete look of things. Having played Sims 2 on the console first, I have to say that the controls aren't as good for the Urbz. It is different than Sims games though that I have played. You actually control them as they are working.
It is unique to this version of the Sims.

Also, like in the real world, there are also different types of urban settings. The game is about getting a reputation high enough to eventually be a star. On the journey to the top though, you have to dress to impress of course. So, you actually have to buy new clothes, and change hairstyles to fit in.
There are 9 districts to play in... each has different styled Urbz and goals. I have opened Diamond Heights so far.. started in Cozmo Street.

Now, not having the instruction manual sucked. Thankfully, since it was older, there was info on the net to help me of course.

Of course, there are also cheats out, but right now (heh, it's only been a day anyway though), I haven't used em.

It is different. That probably seems so jello-ish for a review. But, as of the beguinning stages, and just having the first look at it , that's all I have for now. If you are a fan of any of the Sims games though.. I will recommend taking a look. I will say this though... I really wish that they would provide us with more of these urban themed looking Sim styles into the PC and other versions. They have started a little bit. I would just love to see more. Building these urban meccas and ghettos would be kind of nice. Hey, spare me a little bit of time Maxis, and make it so that I don't have to =p
Worth a rent though... just not sure if it's worth buying. But hey, if you really want to buy it, it's only going to run you about $18 used or $20 new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home